Baby Bee

 BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Swimming and playing with new friends

Today we were invited to Mill River Park for a play date with our new friends Jess and her kids, Joey (2 1/2) and Eloise (10 months). We had so much fun! Ethan played on the playground with Joey and Jonathan while Jess, Alexis (who I just met today), Eloise and I chatted. After that Jonathan, Ethan and I paid to swim in the big pool while the others went to the free wading pool. Later we joined them at the wading pool. Ethan loved the water and I loved feeling weightless. I have been feeling so huge and hot lately that I needed that weightless feeling, plus I got some much needed exercise. Swimming in the pool during the summer is one of my favorite childhood memories. What are your favorite childhood memories of summer?

Ethan started out going the right way on the slide...

...but somehow ended up on his belly. (I think the boy behind him had something to do with it, lol.)

Jonathan and Ethan playing in the big pool. Ethan was smiling and laughing so much in the pool.

I think he favored the wading pool though, he got to be free, even though he went under a couple of times... opps! He's okay.

Here is Eloise and Alexis. Eloise is Jess's daughter but unfortunately the batteries in the camera died before I got to take pictures of Jess and Joey. =(

1 comment:

Kailah said...

That sounds like such a fun day! Oh, and I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling weightlessin a pool. We're going to Kauai friday (thanx mom and dad!) and I can't WAIT to be in the water!! I'm glad you guys are meeting people and getting out and about!