Friday, October 10, 2008
First shopping trip
I took my first shopping trip alone with the kids today. It was a very interested trip. When I got there this man was loading groceries into his car leaving an empty cart so I asked to use his cart. I put it next to my car (which happened to be next to a cart return area) and while I was putting Camille into the Baby Bjorn this old lady tried to steal my cart! I told her I was planning on using the cart and she said "why?" I'm like "I want to put my groceries in it!" lol! She said she misheard me, she thought I said "I wouldn't use that cart if I were you." Well, after I got everyone in the cart we were off to get groceries. It was pretty smooth, Ethan was helping me put things in the cart and being a very good boy, but when we were checking out he kept trying to climb out of the cart and looked like he was going to fall on his head. The checker kept freaking out telling me he was going to fall and she finally came over and stood next to him while the bagger finished bagging. Then we got everything in the car (somehow) and drove home. When we got home I was just standing next the the car looking at the groceries and the kids and trying to figure out how I was going to get everything up 3 flights of stairs. I decided to put Camille back in the Bjorn, carry the groceries and hope Ethan would follow. Well, he wanted to play with leaves and run around in the grass so I had to persuade him to come inside and up the stairs by offering cartoons and lunch. Finally we made it, my fingers almost falling off from carrying all the groceries. I fed Camille and gave Ethan a sandwich and put the groceries away about a half an hour after we got home. I hope the cold food is okay, I'm sure it is. I think I will wait a while before I try to go grocery shopping alone again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whoohoo! Way to go Mamma!! I have a few friends who always look for a parking spot near the cart returns - both for grabbing at the beginning and putting back easily - rather than near the front of the store. I'm totally impressed by you getting all the groceries plus 2 kids up the stairs by yourself, too! Way to go!
Post a Comment