Baby Bee

 BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, March 29, 2010

Homemade tomato sauce and lasagna

I am really getting into making everything from scratch. I am not ready to actually made the noodles yet so I just used whole wheat noodles. I did make the sauce from scratch though...

Had to boil the tomatoes, let them cool and then peel the skin off. My hands were stinky after that.

I had to chop 4 bell peppers and used a whole lot of garlic, but it turned out really yummy!

Letting all the ingredients simmer together for 20 minutes. It smelled sooo good! After this I pureed it to be more sauce-like and less salsa-like.

And here's my finished lasagna! With organic, free range ground turkey and cheddar cheese (it was the only kind I had...) I still have about 8 cups of sauce in the freezer!

2 comments:

Regan said...

That looks SO yummy!! When I was pregnant and I couldn't eat salt because of the PIH Elliot made me lasagna from scratch, including the sauce. It was a disaster- he out the tomatoes in the blender while they were still hot, and when he turned it on the quick release of stem sent the top shooting off and super-hot tomato sauce went everywhere! The worst part was he was cooking in his boxers and got burned!

Sarah said...

I hate peeling tomatoes!! Boiling them makes sense though.. I bet it helps.

You should let me know if you start making your own pasta :) I've always wanted to try that...